Sunday, November 30, 2008

HOME


I'm finally back to Lubbock now. I actually returned to the USA on monday but went straight into my last American Thanksgiving with my family. It was quite an event and I had fun, but now I'm happy to unpack, rest, and have some quiet moments.

Obviously I did not get to post a blog while in Ghana, but Ghana was great! Everything went so well. This whole trip was an experiment for me. Can I lead a team well, will the contacts I have there be able to organize things for us, will the people we work with respond well to teachings aimed at first increasing our knowledge of God and His Word (rather than focusing on primarily impacting the heart). Well....the answer to all of this is a resounding yes, yes, yes. It worked and it worked really well!!!! A lot of the success is because God sent me with a really strong team. Plus we have very diverse giftings so while I taught in a very academic fashion and had people taking notes to be able to teach others from, Gary taught from a father's heart and experience answering many questions about how to deal with the hardships of ministry, and Royce & Jennifer taught the people how to live out their freedom in Christ by leading them through personal ministry. After each of our inputs, those who joined us for each of the two conferences were impacted in spirit, soul, and body as they grew closer to our Lord. In all we were able to train pastors and church leaders from 17 different churches who are all equipped to take these teachings back to their churchs. Pretty amazing!

What a blessing to be a part of all of this. Honestly, I wasn't entirely sure if I had the goods to pull this off. I know that God is the one who gifts us and equips us, and I know I have giftings from God. But I wasn't sure if I might be stepping a little beyond what God had equipped me for. But it went really well. Praise God....I was on track with Him and not running ahead of Him. I used to think I could conquer the world in and of myself. God has taught me I can truly do nothing without Him. Now, He's proving I can step out there and do amazing things when I'm in step with Him. He's really good!

I'll share some more about the trip over the next few days. For now, here is one picture from my camera that I really like. The rest of the team took most of the pictures, so when I get more pics from them then I'll write more.

Thanks for reading and keeping up with this blog!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzassippi said...

Awesome! Welcome home, and the picture is beautiful.

November 30, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home