Thursday, June 10, 2010

May, the Most Amazing Month...Entry 2....real life Paul's

Now, for carrying on with stories from the past month. I wish I could describe to you all of the amazing things that God has done during this time, all the prayers He is busy answering at this moment in time. I tried to write some of it, it just does not sound right written out. Just suffice it all to say that God is amazing and He is revealing His glory in amazing ways right now in Cape Town. Again, I can say, it is such an honor to be here at this moment in time. I am so thankful for God's perfect timing that I was here in time to be prepared for this moment. Praise God!

In the midst of the Global Day of Prayer activities of this past month there was a special annointing oil given out to each person that attended the conference leading up to the Global Day of Prayer in Cape Town. Many nations were represented. A case of the oil was sent back to each nation there and a case mailed to strategic leaders in nations not present. This oil was at the heart of so much that God did during this time. You can read more about the oil on the website of the guy who brought it: http://www.theprayercompany.com/?gclid=CL3R29WtlqICFRyX2AodFXHTEg


One thing I do want to share about is about a real life Paul that we had the honor of praying with during the pre-GDOP conference. Aaron came to the prayer room during one of the break times and asked for us to pray for his nation. I was leading prayer at the time and I had about 15 of the ER students in the prayer room with me. Aaron began to share about his nation: Eritrea. Christian gatherings are illegal there. He told us about the senior pastor of his church who is in prison right now while his wife and children are at home. Aaron told us how he was in prison for 2 years because of his faith. He developed health problems from his time in prison and ended up in a Middle Eastern country for health care. This is when he began planting churches among doctors and other professionals in Middle Eastern nations. He has planted churches in 6 nations at this point and he only began in 2004. He is 28 years old, has been a Christian for 12 years, and is full of more wisdom than most old men in the world. His English was not very good, so he spoke to us using the Bible most of the time. He would turn to me and give me a scripture reference, I would read the scripture out loud and it would say exactly what he intended to say. I wish I could show you a picture of Aaron, he was so amazing but that would be dangerous for him.
As we began to pray for him I could tell the ER students did not know how to begin. Finally, one student simply said, "God, how do I begin to pray. I am humbled by this man. There are no words. Thank you, God, for Aaron and for the mighty Christians in his nation." God poured out His Holy Spirit to guide our prayers and we had a dynamic time of prayer with Aaron. We were all so blessed. Then, Aaron said he had never been in a gathering this large of Christians because it is illegal and dangerous in the nations he works in (there were close to 20 of us in the prayer room). The ER students began to sing and Aaron asked if this is heaven. So humbling. The students sing like this every day, but it was a once in a life time privilege for Aaron. During Aaron's testimony he told us that he has suffered from beatings and imprisonments many times. As the students began to sing God reminded me of when Paul praised in prison and the doors opened. God showed me that the students' singing with Aaron was actually intercession. This praise was going before Aaron and breaking open prison doors before he even encounters them in some places. Wow!
We all really connected with Aaron. In talking to him we discovered he had been given a wonderful hotel room to stay in, but this feeling of family with us was so special for him. The director of ER felt that we should invite him to come stay with us on the ER farm. The next night Aaron came back home with all of us. He stayed on the farm with us for 3 days. What a blessing!
The first night our students were spiritually exhausted from the prayer room. They just wanted to play games and laugh. Aaron found himself in the middle of a fast paced game of Uno. I taught him how to play and he caught on quickly. We discovered that in the past 12 years he has not played any games, not even soccer, something he loves. So, the next day was a sabbath day/ break day for us. The students got Aaron out on the soccer field and played a good, long game with him. Aaron said he was having so much fun with us that he was already beginning to think of how hard it would be for him to go back to his mission field. I encouraged to not loose sight of what God has called him to, but to enjoy this moment of rest the Lord had sent his way. That was the saturday before the Global Day of Prayer.

That night we were scheduled to pray at the GDOP venue from 6pm - midnight. Aaron joined us for this time of prayer, also. He contributed so much. Again communicating with us through scriptures, he lead us in much of the prayer time.
Then, came the actual GDOP day here in Cape Town. Wow! Amazing! So many nations were represented here. It was powerful. I wept through most of the event just realizing how God has used Africa, and most specificly South Africa, to have such a great impact on the world. I was at the first GDOP in Cape Town in 2001 and here I was back in Cape Town for the 10th anniversary. God has been so good to me!
Before the event began we gathered as intercessors to pray for Graham Power, the man who obeyed God to start this whole thing. He then asked us to go into the speakers' room and pray over the speakers who would be taking part in the day. Before we even got to the speakers' room, Cindy Jacobs came to us and asked for prayer. Then, we went to the speakers' room. These mighty men and women of God humbly allowed us to pray for them one by one. I first prayed with the dynamic leaders from Nigeria who walk in so much Godly authority. It was overwhelming to pray for them. Then, I prayed for a pastor from Jacksonville, FL who will host the TV broadcast of the Global Day of Prayer in 2011. (Every year GodTV bases the TV broadcast in a different nation. Last year it was Hong Kong. The year before it was Jerusalem. Next year it will be based in the US for the first time). Bishop Vaughn Mclaughlin will host next year and I got to pray for him and pray for next year's event with him! (Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuYxyUbj4LU&feature=related) Wow! I was so humbled and God's presence was so heavy. I felt as if I might not be able to stand and I just kept weeping...really through most of the day.
God is really doing great things in the earth right now. Don't miss it!!!!! Spend some time with Him, in the Bible, and listening to His heart beat. Now, is a time in history that we are all blessed to be here for. Don't get too distracted with all the wars and rumors of wars and natural disasters. Keep your eye on the King, keep your candle burning, He will come in the night to fetch his bride, at a time when we least expect Him. Don't be caught unaware. Keep your oil burning!

One last comment about Aaron. He was extremely humble. On the Global Day of Prayer I was in charge of coordinating the intercessors. When asked what he needed to do, Aaron was told to just stay by me and help with what I needed help with. So, he humbly did. I was embarrassed to ask him to do a few practical things for me, but he went and ran a couple of errands for me. I apologized for asking him to run errands. He said, "It is a great honor to serve you. I have heard you pray and I know you are a mighty one of the Kingdom." Wow! The greatest compliment I've ever received and possibly the most humbling moment of my life.
And on Monday, as fast as he showed up in our lives, Aaron left suddenly for the airport to fly back to his home. I think God was protecting his heart from being distracted from his call. So, God whisked him away quickly. I can't wait to speak to him again in the life to come!

And all this is just a glimpse of the most amazing month of my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home