Tuesday, February 10, 2009

About the visa....

I'm learning a lot right now in the visa process. When I started I didn't know anyone who had obtained a visa to South Africa for any reason other than a student visa (which I've gotten before :)
Here's what I've learned....just call the embassy and ask all your questions. Even if they act annoyed they have to answer your questions and you don't have to give your name so they won't be frustrated with you when they receive the application.
Also, you cannot apply very early. I've wasted a lot of time trying to apply early. I actually started trying to apply in October of last year. But at the end of the day there is no international health insurance that will approve you more than 30 days ahead of time and you can't get a visa without the health insurance. So basically you can fill out all the paper work and gather everything early, but you can't apply until 30 days before departure. Even the guy I asked at the embassy admitted its pretty crazy that you have to go ahead and buy a plane ticket and arrange everything and then just hope you get your visa in time. But people apparently do this all the time. At least I can pray and trust God with it.
So that's the visa thing, it is contrary to everything in me that wants to work on things ahead of time but it is a great faith builder :)
Oh, and all the stress over the boxes I cleaned out of my closet.....well, a great friend came over and helped me throw things away. Yeah! That was a huge breakthrough. Hope is restored and I'm no longer stressed about dealing with everything I need to trash, store, pack, or sell!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home