Monday, June 8, 2009

LCU Team

Over the past couple of weeks a team from Lubbock Christian University came to work with the students at Eagles Rising. Wow! They did fantastic work with the students, and seeing the students respond to their activities showed even more how amazing these students are. All of the ER students are so amazing and have so much potential to do great things in life, they just have not had the opportunity to shine like God created them to shine. These past couple of weeks with the LCU team showed this even more. The team did lots of group activities and taught on goal setting, communication, overcoming obstacles, releasing burdens, and so much more. I have done these group activities in school before and I've lead these types of group activities with students in America. But I have never seen students grab hold of the purpose of the group activities and then apply it to their lives so quickly. The students have been impacted greatly and are excited about the new things they have learned. I think this LCU team has also been impacted greatly, as well. It makes me so excited to see more teams come. I can really see how fruitful the time with this team has been!!
Here's the LCU team on a freezing cold South African day when they went on a safari:







This is Jill, the leader of the team. She came with me to South Africa a year and a half ago and got excited about the possibilities of a team coming to help at ER. She has done a great job leading this team!




This is another social work professor from LCU (Tony) and his wife (Shelly) who works in admissions that both came with the team. Here they are enjoying a beautiful South African sunset.



Jordan just finished studying at LCU and is preparing to begin his Masters in Social Work. This picture is of Jordan and ER student, Ceasar.



This picture shows Marivelle, an LCU Social Work student who took the class I taught on International Social Work. I'm here in the picture with Marivelle along with ER students, Zimasa and Nomnikelo.




I love this picture! From left to right: Auntie Cookie, the cook at ER. Marivelle. ER student, Sivuyile. Jill, and in front- ER student, Andiswa.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzassippi said...

Love it!

June 8, 2009 at 9:52 PM  
Blogger rini said...

Loving it,makes me home sick for SA!

June 10, 2009 at 7:39 PM  
Blogger rini said...

Makes me homesick for my friend Jill:)

June 10, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home