Monday, August 10, 2009

It’s been a long time with no blog!!!! Sorry for the delay!
Today I thought I would address a question a lot of people have asked me about: What does it look like where I am living?
Well, right now I am staying in the house that the House of Prayer uses as their guest house. I am responsible for hosting people who come here for a visit. That’s something I enjoy doing, so it has worked out well. I’m not certain how long I will stay here, maybe until the end of this year. They have been so gracious to give me the opportunity to stay here as I get started here in South Africa.
So, what’s it like? Well, in nice neighborhoods in South Africa there are small gated communities they call a security complex. In a way it is like a little area of duplexes at home. Except that the community is full of houses rather than duplexes. The houses are a little simpler than the other houses around them. Here crime is very high so each house must have a security fence around the house. In the security complex the security fence surrounds all the houses in the complex, which also makes the houses a little more affordable (sharing the expense of a fence rather than maintaining it on your own). Here they are nice brick homes with small little yards. There is an electric gate coming in and an electric gate going out.

The street the security complex is on. The complex is mid-way down the street on the right:





The gates coming in and out of the complex where I’m staying:





The road through the complex. (The house at the end of the street on the left is where I live.)





The walk way up to my front door:






Roofs here have ceramic tiles (my dad was a roofer, I notice these things )






I get to enjoy all my neighbor’s flowers. I love it! It is winter now so not many of the flowers are in bloom. In a few months this place will be covered in flowers.








This is the most interesting tree at one of my neighbor’s houses:





The man who built this security complex wanted to see a house of prayer in his community. So he contacted Jericho Wall’s ministry and asked them about sending people here to help establish a HOP here. So this building at the front gate was built for the purpose of being a prayer room for a 24/7 HOP in the area.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home